- 1 pound (about 2 cups) dry chickpeas/garbanzo beans - you must start with dry, do NOT substitute canned, they will not work!
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, fresh cilantro.
- 3 to 5 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- 1 ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying (grapeseed, canola, and peanut oil work well)
- note: *10 minutes before frying add 1 tsp baking soda to the mix so the falafel balls puff up.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!