- The combination of soy sauce, peanut butter and spices, mostly chile powder and cumin, turns crumbled tofu into one of those “I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Meat” kind of recipes. It is a magical concoction.
- This is a great thing to have on hand to make a quick Desperation Dinner – so I like to keep some small zip lock baggies of this magical stuff in my freezer. This stuff makes great sloppy joes and last-minute spaghetti sauce!
- Happy Meatless New Year to all!
- GROUND TOFU TACO FILLING
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce (I use Frank’s)
- 16 ounces frozen and then thawed extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
Sign up to create your own recipe box. Copy any recipe from any website with a click. You'll then have the complete recipe in your recipe box.