- The combination of soy sauce, peanut butter and spices, mostly chile powder and cumin, turns crumbled tofu into one of those “I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Meat” kind of recipes. It is a magical concoction.
- This is a great thing to have on hand to make a quick Desperation Dinner – so I like to keep some small zip lock baggies of this magical stuff in my freezer. This stuff makes great sloppy joes and last-minute spaghetti sauce!
- Happy Meatless New Year to all!
- GROUND TOFU TACO FILLING
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce (I use Frank’s)
- 16 ounces frozen and then thawed extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!