"Chinese restaurant style" chicken and vegetables
- For the stir fry:
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 Tbl oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1 c snow peas or zucchini or red bell pepper
- 3 c mixed greens
- For the sauce:
- 2 Tbl. soy sauce, shoyu, or Bragg’s
- 1 c. water
- 1 Tbl. grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic (1 small clove)
- 1.5 Tbl. cornstarch
- Bring the oil, ginger, and garlic to temp. Add chicken and cook until done. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the carrots to the hot pan (add more oil if needed). Cook 2-3 mins, then add broccoli. Cook 2-3 mins, then add other veg. When veggies are nearly done, add the greens and stir until wilted.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Stir together the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. When mixed, add 3-4 pieces of hot vegetables to the sauce to warm it up a bit. Pour the sauce into the pan, bring to a boil, and simmer 3-4 minutes until thick.
- Serve over rice.
- Can sub pork or beef for the chicken.