Simple Italian Sausage Marinara
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage - Casings Removed (I use Shady Brook Farms)
- 1 - 28 Oz Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 - 28 Oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- Brown the sausage over medium-high heat in a good-sized stew pot.
- Run a knife through the whole peeled tomatoes then add to the pot as well as crushed tomatoes, italian seasoning, garlic, bay leaves, and worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer, stirring ocassionally, for 20 to 30 minutes until thickened, then stir in sour cream.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, on bread, or use in stuffed peppers in lieu of tomato sauce.