The recipe I wrote down while in Spain that the lady cooking for Alba told me. I mixed the steps from another recipe.
- 6 potatoes (medium)
- 7 eggs
- Peel potatoes
- Cut them into thin slices
- fry with 2 tablespoons oil on low heat and cover with lid for 5 minutes (to soften)
- turn up heat for another 5 minutes until golden brown
- drain off any excess oil
- Fry in a lot of oil on low heat. Mash potatoes a bit while cooking.
- Remove all but a little oil, like 2 tablespoons left
- Crack eggs and Beat/stir them until frothy
- Add potatoes and mix and mash more
- Add egg batter to pan, use high heat, until golden brown
- once the outside has "set," turn down the heat to really low so the interior doesn't dry and the outside doesn't burn.
- After a bit, turn over using a plate
- Turn over a few times until ready