- *Start with room temp ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (Neufchâtel works great too)
- 1/4 cup sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the cream cheese and sweetener in bowl, mix until just combined with electric hand mixer.
- Add sour cream, and vanilla and mix until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs and beat until just combined.
- Pour into an 8-inch round baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until set.
- Let cool 30 minutes. It will deflate some as it cools.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Depending on dish used to cook this, you can slice or scoop like ice cream.
- Top with berries or berry sauce, chocolate sauce, peanut butter sauce or even granola or a crumb topping.
- Over mixing, blending, beating causes cake to rise and fall.