Nonna’s Vodka Ravioli Pizza
- Nonna’s Vodka Sauce:
- 4 oz vodka
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups of Pomodoro Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of Heavy cream
- 2 cups Parmigiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Large Pizza Dough
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 8 Slices of Fresh Mozzarella
- 2 Cups Vodka Sauce
- 15-20 Cheese Filled Ravioli
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce
- For the vodka sauce:
- In a hot saucepan add the olive oil, wait a minute to heat the oil.
- Add your chopped tomatoes, a pinch of salt, black pepper, and your bay leaf.
- Carefully remove the saucepan from the heat and away from your face and add the Vodka, be careful as the vodka will catch fire and burn all the alcohol. Once the flame dissipates place the saucepan back onto the flame.
- Let the vodka reduce to half and add your and your heavy cream. Keep the sauce on a medium heat and let it come to a gentle boil. Add your pomodoro sauce and keep low heat for 5 min until the sauce returns to a simmer.
- Add your Parmigiano cheese.
- Taste and let cool.
- Assemble the Pizza:
- Pre heat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let your pizza dough sit out for 10-15 minutes to help soften the dough and make it easier to stretch.
- Using your fingertips push the dough from the middle outward into a circle about 1 inch thick.
- Using your hand as a guide create the crust by pressing the edges of the dough between your hands.
- Once you have created a crust sprinkle the flour on the top of the pizza dough and using the floured side place the dough on the top of your knuckles and slowly turn it, to ensure you are spreading the dough evenly. Continue this until the pizza dough has taken the size and shape that you desire.
- First take the pizza sauce and place that on the pizza dough as a base.
- Mix your raviolis in the vodka sauce so the get fully covered and then place them next to each other to cover the entire pizza.
- Lastly place your fresh mozzarella slices on the top of the ravioli’s and sprinkle the shredded mazzarella around.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for about 14 minutes. Be sure to rotate the pizza hallway through the cooking time to ensure the crust cooks evenly.
- Easy on the cheese on top.