Skillet Pesto Tortellini
Creamy, pesto cheesy goodness with pasta!
- ¼ to ¾ cup fresh refrigerated pesto
- 1 pound frozen vegetable medley (or any vegetable mix you like canned or frozen, thawed)
- 12 ounces fresh cheese filled tortellini
- 1 dash ground red pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Stir in tortellini; cook according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add vegetables, let heat until hot. Add pesto and stir to coat. Let warm through.
- Drain pasta and add to hot pan with veggies. Toss to coat with the Pesto. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
- I like canned peas and carrots with this dish. Because It just makes it more simple. If using canned just rinse and drain and add at the end just to warm through.