Pie Dough the Old-Fashioned Way
Via the lazy genius
- 8 ounces low protein all-purpose flour, such as Gold Medal Blue Label (1 2/3 cups; 225g), plus more for dusting
- 1/2 ounce sugar (1 tablespoon; 15g)
- 1 teaspoon (4g) Diamond Crystal kosher salt; for table salt, use half as much by volume or use the same weight
- 8 ounces unsalted, American-style butter, straight from the fridge (2 sticks; 225g), cold
- 4 ounces cold tap water (1/2 cup; 115g)
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!