Perfect Homemade New York Style Bagels
- for the sponge:
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast (I used active dry yeast)
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 cups water, room temperature
- for the rest of the dough:
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast (again I used active dry yeast)
- 3 3/4 cup bread flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- for boiling:
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- for toppings:
- sesame seeds, shredded cheese, everything mix, etc.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!