~by Jeny Barber
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 oz butter, softened
- Combine cranberries, and water in Instant Pot liner. Put on lid and lock. Make sure vent is set to "seal"
- Set manual pressure for 5 minutes. When timer goes off, do a QR.
- Pour the cranberries into a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl and stir with a spatula until all that is left in the sieve is the skins and seeds and you have a cranberry puree in the bowl, making sure to scrape all puree off the bottom of the sieve.
- In the IP liner, combine the egg yolks and sugar and whisk until lightened in color.
- Add the cranberry puree and set to "sauté" and adjust to low, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. (Do not allow the mixture to boil.)
- Remove from heat and pour the curd into a fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl.
- Use a spatula to gently push the curd through the sieve leaving behind any pieces of cooked egg.
- Stir in the softened butter and continue to stir until the butter has melted.
- Pour into a clean jar or jars. (Yield is about 1 pint.)
- Refrigerate until needed.