Mexican Green Pozole Soup (Guerrero Style)
- subheading: For the Meat:
- Originally made using ½ pig’s head we are substituting with 2 lbs. pork loin country-style ribs.
- 4 Lbs. pork leg cut in cubes
- 1 large Bay Leaves and ½ tsp. Thyme leaves to cook the meat
- 2 large white onions cut in half
- 2 garlic heads
- Salt to taste
- Water enough to cover the meat
- You can also use Chicken in this recipe instead of pork: 2 Large cooked chickens. Deboned the chickens and strain the broth.
- subheading: For the Garnishes:
- 6 to 8 15oz cans of precooked White Hominy
- 1 Large Lettuce finely shredded
- 1 Large white onion finely chopped
- Limes cut in wedges
- Radishes cut in slices
- Crushed or Powder Dry Piquin Pepper
- Mexican Oregano
- 2 Large bags of Corn Tostadas 20 each
- subheading: For the sauce:
- 2 cups of pumpkin seeds cleaned
- 2 Poblano Peppers cleaned and seeds removed
- 2 ó 3 serrano peppers or jalapenos
- 1 Lb. tomatillo husk removed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup of chopped epazote
- 1 small bunch of radishes leaves
- ¼ white onion
- Pork or chicken broth enough to make the sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Oregano and cumin to taste. I usually add 1 Tablespoon of cumin and 1 teaspoon of dry oregano.
- In a large stock pot cook the meat with salt, onions cut in half, garlic heads, bay leaves and thyme with enough water to cover the meat.
- After opening the cans with Hominy, rinse, drain, and set aside.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!