- 3/4 cup raw cashews (108 g, soaked overnight in water if you don't have a high-powered blender)
- 3/4 cup salsa (I used Trader Joes medium heat, this makes it spicy, if you don't want it too spicy, use a mild salsa)
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast (36 g, I use this brand , which is milder/better flavor & non-fortified, no nasty vitamin taste)
- 2-3 teaspoons ground cumin (If you are unsure, start out with 2, blend and taste. I used the FULL 3 teaspoons and absolutely loved the smoky taste, but start with less if you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/16 teaspoon fine sea salt (weird amount, but what I found to be just right)
- * Note: I tested two versions. This one with cashews and another with tahini. If you are allergic to cashews, then you can make this with tahini! All the ingredients remain the same except instead of cashews, use 6-8 tablespoons smooth tahini, to taste. I preferred the cashew version, which is why it's posted, but the tahini is still good. Just please keep in mind that it will have a tahini flavor, but is masked pretty well with the salsa, but it's not quite as smooth as the cashews either. So, only use the tahini if allergic to cashews.
Never loose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!