- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar; divided
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 2 baking sheets with
- parchment paper.
- Cream together canola oil and 1 3/4 cups sugar
- in large bowl.
- Add in molasses and egg, mix until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon
- and clove in medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to molasses mixture and mix
- until combined.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar in small bowl. Use
- a #12 ice cream scoop or with hand form 2-inch
- balls, roll in sugar.
- Place on baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.