Lemon Almond Cake
- 1 ½ sticks (170g) unsalted butter, softened (Holds its shape but easily dents when pressed.)
- ½ cup (48g) sliced almonds, chopped (You can chop finely or a rough chop if you like more crunch) This will go in cake pans rather than in the batter.
- 2 cups (400g) sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature (If in a hurry, place the eggs in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes)
- 3 cups (342g) cake flour . (If not using a digital scale, lightly spoon flour into measuring scoop and level.)
- 2 teaspoons (8g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (3g) salt
- 1 ¼ cups (296g) buttermilk (If needed, see substitution below.)
- ¼ cup (57g) lemon juice (Approximate amount of juice in one lemon.)
- ¼ cup (54g) vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon (10g) Lemon Extract
- ½ teaspoon (2g) Almond Extract
- Zest of two lemons
- subheading: ALMOND CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened (We used two 8 oz packages of full fat cream cheese.)
- ½ teaspoon salt 2g
- 6 to 6 ½ cups (690g -747g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon (4g) almond extract
- subheading: DECORATION:
- We used additional sliced almonds for a bottom border as well as accents on top of the cake.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!