Japanese Curry Rice
Delicious and comforting
- Sesame Oil
- 2 regular carrots, chopped into chunks
- 1 medium potato, chopped into chunks
- ½ an onion, diced
- Umami spices
- Japanese curry roux
- 1 square of chocolate
- Hot honey, or regular honey and chili powder
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 serving of whatever cooked protein you choose
- In a large pot, heat about 3 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Once hot, add onions, carrots, and potatoes.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of umami spice and mix generously.
- Once onions brown and become translucent, add about 8 cups of water and bring to boil
- Add the curry roux. This will vary based on brand, but about 2 full large squares is the norm.
- Add square of chocolate and about a tablespoon of hot honey
- Stir generously until curry roux is fully incorporated
- Plate cooked rice on half the plate, and cooked protein on the other half
- Scoop curry and cover the protein
- Eat while nice and hot