Recipe by Nancy Schmehl
- 1/2 a pound log of Sage sausage (Jimmy Dean brand)
- 9 slices of bread, allowed to air dry for a couple of hours before cubing
- 6-ish celery stalks, diced
- half a large onion, diced
- 3 T butter
- 1/2 t sage
- 1/2 t thyme
- 1/2 cup stock/broth
- 2T parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3T milk
- Saute sausage. Then add chopped onion, celery and butter, saute until translucent.
- Add sage and thyme.
- Cube bread. Beat egg, add milk, then drizzle over the bread cubes. Add parsley and stir in.
- Then take the sauteed ingredients and mix them in with the bread.
- Add stock to achieve the correct moistness.
- Put it in a mixing bowl (cover the bowl with foil),
- Add a cup of water to the IP, place the bowl on the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Cook on Manual for 25 minutes. QR.
- **I measured the temp in the center of the stuffing after cooking and it was between 165 and 170 in the coldest spot in the center, hotter near the edges of the pot, but fully cooked.
- I might just natural release next time.