Chicken and vegetables in coconut milk
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbl coconut oil
- 2 Tbl minced ginger, divided
- 1 sweet potato, cut bite-sized
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ head of cauliflower, chopped
- 5 Oz spinach, kale, and/or chard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil, then add the chicken and half the ginger. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté 5-10 minutes until cooked through but not dry. Remove to a bowl.
- Return pan (with oil and chicken juices) to heat and add sweet potatoes, carrots, the rest of the ginger, coconut milk, and salt and pepper to taste (1/2 tsp salt). Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, stir, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and adjust seasonings.
- Add greens and cook 2-3 minutes to wilt.
- Serve as-is or over rice.
- Very simple preparation. Could boost flavor with cilantro, Thai chili paste, etc.