From Janet Altman
- 1) A favorite Birthday Cake:
- CHOCOLATE ANGEL FOOD CAKE with WHIPPED CREAM ICING
- 1 pkg of white Angel Food Cake Mix (such as Pillsbury)
- Follow directions on package but sift 3 level Tbls of cocoa powder in
- while beating all together and add 3/4 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp almond
- extract before beating is completed. Bake as directed. Leave cake in
- the pan until cool and ready to ice.
- Remove from pan and slice into 3 layers. The top slice will be the
- bottom of the iced cake. Place it on a plate.
- ICING and FILLING
- 1 pint heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Sift sugar and cocoa together first to be ready to add to cream when
- it is half whipped. Finish beating and spread on cake layers and then
- ice all over. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Keep under
- refrigeration because of the cream.
- Serves 10 to 12 depending on size of slices.