Instant Pot Tamale Bites
~by Bobbi Jean Durbin
- 3-4 lb cooked pulled pork
- 2 c salsa (blended in blender in you like)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 diced onion
- 6 c Masa flour
- 4 c water
- 2 c lard
- 2 tsp salt
- In large pan, saute onion.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients plus 1 c water; simmer.
- Mix Masa flour with water and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Beat lard with salt until fluffy.
- Add masa flour; mix until well blended.
- Spray egg cups with cooking spray.
- Using about 1 Tbsp dough, press onto sides and bottom.
- Add meat.
- Press on a little dough top.
- Cover mold with foil.
- Put trivet and 1 c water in IP.
- Place covered mold on top of trivet.
- Cook 18 minutes High pressure; Quick Release
- Cool slightly then remove from mold.
- This made around 40. My egg bites are 1/3 c each.
- Silicone Egg Bite Molds (aka Baby Food Freezer Trays) can be purchased from Amazon: