Instant Pot Dr Pepper Rice
~by Josie Smythe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1.5 cups brown rice
- 1.5 cups (12 oz can) Dr Pepper
- Rinse & drain rice.
- Add butter to pot & press "Saute".
- When butter melts add the onion and saute for a couple minutes.
- Add rice; stir until rice is coated with the butter.
- Add Dr Pepper; stir & make sure all the rice is submerged in the liquid.
- Press "Cancel" to stop the "Saute" function.
- Put lid on pot with steam release in the Sealing position.
- Cook on High Pressure for 22 minutes; Natural Pressure Release.
- (use the Manual or Pressure Cook function, NOT the Rice function)
- When the float valve drops down press "Cancel" & remove the lid.
- Fluff rice with fork & serve.
- -The rice doesn't have a strong Dr Pepper flavor, it just has a nice sweet taste to it.
- -I used Long Grain Brown Rice but you could also use Brown Jasmine or Brown Basmati.
- -To make with white rice reduce the cook time to 4 minutes.