Chipotle Red Rice with Chicken
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 lb Chicken Breast or Tenders - Diced and Tendons Removed
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Onion
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Cup White Rice
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth (or Water and Bullion)
- 1 - 7 oz can Chipotle in Adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper - Freshly Ground
- Salt to taste
- Blend the whole can of chipotle and adobo with 1/2 cup of broth and set aside.
- In a medium sized pan over medium heat, saute the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon onion and 1/2 teaspoon garlic, just until cooked through and starting to brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little vegetable oil to the pan and turn it up to medium-high heat. Add the dry rice and toast it, stirring constantly to toast evenly until it is the color of brown rice.
- Add broth, blended chipotle mixture, cooked chicken, pepper, and cumin then stir. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary - be careful with salt, as this is going to reduce so it will be a stronger flavor. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cover and cook until all water is absorbed. Fluff gently with a fork before serving.