Ravey's Starter Dough
This is what I call starter dough, you can eat it just as is with jam and butter with eggs for a quick meal. You can add cheese and spices for a savory bread, it's good for biscuits and gravy. Can add in chocolate chips etc or fruit (just make sure the fruit isn't frozen and you pat it dry so no extra liquid is added to the mix). These also freeze really well. I'll make a double or triple batch, turn out the dough into the individual biscuits and then freeze them. You can take however many out of the freezer you want to bake as you're preheating the oven.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add cream, then stir just until a dough forms.
- Drop like 1/4 cup onto an ungreased cookie sheet. And cook for 18 - 22 minutes.
- Source: Ravey / SW Guild