Gluten-Free Hearty Breakfast Muffins
- Hearty Breakfast Muffins
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Pamela's gluten-free pancake & baking mix
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Mix carrots, banana, zucchini, yogurt, and eggs together until fully incorporated.
- Whisk flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Mix brown sugar, oats, coconut, pecans, cherries, cinnamon, salt, and ginger into flour mixture until all ingredients are coated in flour. Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture until just combined. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean and edges are slightly brown, about 35 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- The original recipe called for dried cherries and pecans, but they are expensive and there's a lot going on here. Raisins and walnuts are a perfectly satisfactory substitute.
- When zucchini is scarce, use half an eggplant instead.