50 Minute Christmas Pudding (Instant Pot)
by Happy Noodle TV:
- Orange Zest (from 1 orange)
- 210g Butter (+ extra for greasing bowl)
- 200g Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 100g Self-Rising Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs
- Ground Ginger, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cloves (to taste)
- Salt (pinch)
- 100g Mixed Friut & Nuts (of your choice)
- 1 Dram (~1 1/4 tsp) Orange Liqueur
- 3 tsp Honey
- Orange-Coffee Cream:
- 1 cup Double Cream
- 1 dram (~1 1/4 tsp) Coffee
- 1 dram (~1 1/4 tsp) Orange Liqueur
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Zest 1 orange. Set orange aside
- Mix together 210g butter and 200g dark muscovado sugar
- Sift in 100g self-rising flour and 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Slowly add in and mix 3 whisked eggs
- Add ground ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves, plus a pinch of salt
- Mix in 100g mixed fruit and nuts of your choice
- Add a dram of orange liqueur.
- Grease a dessert bowl with butter.
- Line the bowl with orange zest and 3 tsp of honey
- Add 2-3 cups of cold water to your Instant Pot’s inner pot. Place a rack inside, and sit your dessert bowl on top.
- Manual settings, high pressure, 50 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk double cream with a dram of coffee and a dram of orange liqueur, until soft peaks are formed. I prefer not to add sugar as I like the bitterness of the coffee and sourness of the orange liqueur to contrast with the sweetness of the dessert, but if it’s too tart, feel free to add some icing sugar to taste before whisking. Set cream aside.
- Once your pudding is cooked, release the steam from the release handle without putting your hand over the hot steam. Cancel the programme, and switch off the Instant Pot.
- Use a sharp implement such as a knife, toothpick or chopstick to poke your pudding to check if it is cooked. The implement should be fairly dry.
- Peel the orange you set aside earlier, and take apart the segments.
- Decorate your Christmas pudding with the orange segments, with your orange coffee cream on the side. Serve and enjoy!