Pioneer Woman Instant Pot Chicken & Noodles
Adapted for the Instant Pot by Elizabeth Krochman McDonald
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans chicken broth (15oz each)
- 1 stick butter or margerine
- 1 lb chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
- 1 packages frozen egg noodles (24 oz) I used Reames.
- Put chicken in Instant Pot first.
- Pour the two cans of soup, chicken broth and butter on top.
- Put the lid on Instant Pot and use POULTRY setting.*
- Set to 25 mins for frozen chicken, or 15 mins for thawed chicken.
- Natural Pressure Release.
- Pull chicken out and shred chicken.
- Put chicken back into broth with a whole bag of frozen egg noodles.
- Stir and put lid back on pot.
- Set the instant pot to SOUP setting for 5 mins.
- When complete do a Quick Release, but very slowly so the liquid doesn't come out the vent.
- *If your pot doesn't have a Poultry function use the Manual or Pressure Cook function instead.
- Made this recipe again tonight and I made a few changes:
- I didn't have cream of chicken soup so I added one can cream of mushroom and one can of cream of celery instead. I also cut the butter in half. Then I cooked the noodles for 8 mins instead of 5.
- I think it turned out better the second time around. It had a bit more flavor and the noodles were a little less chewy.