Make Soap Without Using Lye
- Soap base. Soap base is your raw material, and it comes in a block. There are all different kinds–some contain olive oil, some use goats’ milk, some contain aloe vera. Here are my reviews of the top six soap bases and what types of skin they are best for.
- A large Pyrex bowl for melting the soap base.
- A silicone mold or a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. There are a zillion different silicone molds out there. I used a simple mold designed for baking, but this floral soap mold is simply adorable. You can even make small Star Wars soaps with this mold.
- Herbs and/or essential oils, which will give your soap different qualities and fragrances. Here are some combinations I like
- Ground cinnamon and wild orange essential oil (pictured)
- Oatmeal (powdered in blender) and honey
- Ground rosemary and lavender essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil and rosemary essential oil
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!