New Tamale Pie
from mary's 2 pot meals
Servings: 4 to 6
Servings: 4 -6
- 5 cups frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup masa flour (for tamales)
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- ½ cup tofu sour cream (recipe in the June 2002 newsletter)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the corn, masa flour and broth in a food processor. (If you have a small processor, do this in batches.) Process until fairly smooth. Scrape into a large bowl. Add chilies, chopped peppers, olives, tofu sour cream and salt. Mix well. Turn into a casserole dish. (To prevent sticking, lightly oil the dish first with a small amount of oil on a paper towel.) Cover and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa, enchilada sauce or guacamole to spoon over the top.