Crock Pot King Ranch Chicken
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed ***
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large chopped green bell pepper
- 1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10 oz can of Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can of diced green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1package small corn tortillas, cut into 1″ strips
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- ***You can cook the chicken however you like, or buy a roasted chicken from the store. You can use either white or dark meat, or both. I poached my chicken in water spiced with salt, pepper, cayenne, red pepper flakes, cumin and taco seasoning, about 2 teaspoons of each. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes. This will leave the chicken so tender it will shred. If you want chunks of chicken, I suggest baking.
- Either use a crock pot liner, or lightly grease the bottom and sides of your crock with butter.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!