Apple Cream Pie
Found this shared on PostSecret.com - "[on back] This recipe has been a family secret for 100 years. It’s a great pie, and deserves to be shared. My petty vindictive aunts don’t deserve to keep it to themselves. I love and miss you, Grandma!"
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and grated
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Grate apples into deep dish pie crust.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Mix dry ingredients, add milk, then eggs.
- Pour cream mixture over apples.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, then 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes.