- Frozen Italian style meatballs (1/2 oz each)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- dried herbs (probably at least 1 - 1 1/2 tsp each) - parsley, oregano, basil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- (or a slurry of whole milk + a spoon of cornstarch)
- Wide egg noodles
- brown meatballs in a little olive oil in a black iron skillet.
- After they are browned up nicely, deglaze the pan with about 2 cups of beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, dried herbs (parsley, oregano, basil).
- When it starts reducing, add about 2/3 cup sour cream and about a cup of heavy whipping cream. (cream cheese too if using).
- Meanwhile, boil water in a separate pot and add the wide egg noodles.
- Boil until they are still just a bit al dente, drain briefly and add to the simmering sauce until tender and sauce is soaked up.