Cornbread Dressing in the IP
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbled (approximately) *Use any Cornbread recipe and bake
- 2 -4 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (not the condensed variety)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Simmer butter, broth, celery and onion until tender. Add spices. Pour over bread. Mix well.
- Stuff into a 6 cup bundt pan. Cover with foil and poke a hole in the middle of the tin foil. Prepare a foil sling for lifting the pan out of the pressure cooker by taking an 18” strip of foil and folding it lengthwise twice.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the pressure cooking pot and place the trivet in the bottom. Center the bundt pan on the foil strip and lower it into the pressure cooker. Fold the foil strips down so that they do not interfere with closing the lid.
- Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 15 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker and do a quick pressure release to release the pressure. When valve drops carefully remove lid.
- Remove bundt pan and unmold stuffing on to a foil lined baking tray sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Put in preheated 350° oven for 5 - 10 minutes to crisp up the stuffing.