Chili Cheese Dog Soup
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 orange packet Goya Sazon with cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Badia chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups salt free stock
- 1 pound all beef hot dogs, bite size slices
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- diced onion
- shredded cheese
- yellow mustard
- pickle relish
- Heat oil in soup pot, sauté half the diced onions until soft, 5 minutes. Add ground beef to the cooking onions. Continue cooking until the beef is browned. Drain any grease.
- Stir in tomato paste, seasonings, and garlic.
- Stir in stock and bring to boil. Add hot dogs and lower heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Serve topped with your choice of mustard, cheese, onions, and/or pickle relish.