Easy meatballs that can be made ahead and frozen if need be. raw or cooked.
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup water, or soup (going to replace with ketchup 1/3 cup for 2 pounds meat)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 1 Teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup leftover cooked rice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces tomato soup
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Mix meat, and the next 9 ingredients. Shape mixture into 15 (2 to 3”) balls. Place meatballs in un-greased baking dish, 8X10” or larger. Pour soup over meatballs. Cover with aluminum foil; Bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer.
- 3. Skillet porcupines: same ingredients as above
- Melt 2 tablespoons shortening in large skillet; brown meatballs. Drain off fat. Stir together remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes. If necessary, add small amount of water during cooking.
- this would also be great with cream of mushroom soup or creamy wild rice soup over it.
- These cookie scoops are great for making the meatballs uniform and makes it much faster to prep this dish.
- [Meatball Scoop]