Vortex: Mac & Cheese (Southern Style)
Servings: 6 cups
- ½ lbs. dry, uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 C %4 milk
- 1 C chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat Instant Vortex Plus AF Oven to 400°F using the Bake option.
- Rinse macaroni under hot water for 2 minutes and drain well.
- Place milk, chicken stock, butter and cream cheese in a large measuring cup and microwave until hot; making sure that the butter and cream cheese is melted.
- Mix macaroni, hot milk-stock-butter-cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, salt and pepper in a large bowl then pour into a 3” deep, 7” round Pyrex dish.
- Spray parchment paper with pan spray and place sprayed side down over the macaroni. Cover the top with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes on bottom tray.
- Remove foil and parchment paper, stir.
- Turn Vortex up to Broil 400° and sprinkle more shredded cheese on top.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is just slightly starting to brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Tee Jay