CARAMEL APPLE DUMP CAKE -
- 2 20 ounces each cans apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Kraft caramels unwrapped and each cut in half
- 1 box dry yellow cake mix
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, cut into ¼ inch thick pats
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13×9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together apple pie filling, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the apple mixture into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly.
- Arrange the caramels over top of the apple filling. Evenly sprinkle the dry cake mix over the caramels.
- Place the pats of butter evenly over the top of the whole dessert.
- Bake the dump cake at 350F for 45 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the edges are bubbling.
- Cool slightly before serving.