Perfect Pizza Dough
Servings: Makes 1 Half-Sheet Pan
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon (or 1 Packet) Dry Yeast (Instant or Active Dry)
- 2 Cups Flour - Plus more for kneading
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Combine water and yeast in a large bowl and set aside until creamy.
- Add salt, sugar, and oil. Stir to combine. Then add flour and stir until a sticky dough is formed.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Test readiness by taking a small chunk and spreading it between four fingers, it should spread until it's nearly transparent before it tears. This is called "the windowpane test".
- Place in an oiled bowl, turning once to coat the dough with oil, cover, and rise in a warm dry place (or refrigerate overnight) until doubled.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface until the desired size is reached. This recipe will make 1 half-sheet pan or two personal sized pizzas.
- Top and bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit about 15-20 minutes until done.
- Alternatively, if you like a little thicker or more well-done crust, you can par-bake the crust for 5 to 8 minutes, just until it's risen and before it starts to brown, then add toppings and finish. OR, cool the crust, double-wrap it in plastic, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen par-baked crust:
- Unwrap and thaw the crust for at least 15 minutes, then top and bake as usual!