- 2 Tbl sugar (carbohydrates)
- 3/4 tsp salt (sodium chloride)
- 1/4 tsp NuSalt (potassium chloride)
- 1/2 tsp Epsom salts* (magnesium sulfate)
- 1/2 tsp brewer’s gypsum (calcium sulfate) – optional; available at homebrew store. Bonus: you can use it to make tofu from soy milk.
- 1 tsp citric acid or Fruit Fresh (available where they sell canning supplies). This is for flavor and balances the high pH of the gypsum; Fruit Fresh also adds some vitamin C
- Shake everything up in a jar – or better yet, whir it in a perfectly dry blender for a few pulses to distribute everything evenly and to grind some of the larger particles finer. Store in a jar with a tight lid. Use 1/2 tsp. per 12 oz glass of water – stir to dissolve well.