Daily Dose of Pepper Marinara Sauce (0 SP)
- 3 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp oregano, dried
- 2 Tbsp basil, dried
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Mix all of your ingredients in a 6 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (or 30 minutes in Instant Pot).
- Let cool completely before adding to freezer bags.
- Optional: For smoother sauce, use an immersion hand blender, or put in a blender. Blend until desired consistency .
- *If using a blender make sure the sauce is cool or blend in small batches*
- 0 Freestyle Smart Points
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 8 hours
- Total Time 8 hours 5 minutes