Sambal Chilli Sotong.
- Ingredients :
- 600g squids
- 1 small pieces of belachan
- 1 tomato cut into pieces
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sambal Paste :
- 15 pieces of dried chilli (soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes or until softened, then drain)
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 2 red onions cut into small pieces
- Blend the soaked dried chillies, white bottom part of the lemongrass together with the onions into a fine paste.
- Method :
- Clean and wash the squids. Cut the squids into rings approximately 0.5cm.
- Heat up the wok. Toast the belachan first and add the oil.
- Add in the blended paste and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the salt and sugar along the way. Add in the onions and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the squids and stir fry for 3 minutes or until almost tender. Add in the tomatoes and give it a quick stir. Serve hot with rice.