Bistro Pasta Salad
I used to make this all the time. My notes say that it's a Cooking Light recipe, but it's not on their site anymore and I've changed enough now to make it my own.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette:
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (dried, not in oil)
- 2 cups water, boiling
- ¾ cup tomato juice, no salt added (could use V8)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 cups spinach, torn
- 4 cups shell pasta, cooked
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup shallot, finely chopped
- 6 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- ¾ cup feta cheese
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in the boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain but reserve the water. Place tomatoes, 3/4 cup tomato water, and next 7 ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Combine spinach and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over spinach mixture and toss well. Sprinkle crumbled feta over servings.
- I made this August 30, 2020, to go with Smoked Ribs. It was fine. Not great. The original recipe said to use only 1 cup of the dressing but I used it all and it was still sorta dry. It needed something, herbs maybe? Fresh basil would be nice.
- Note: I used 4 cups of DRY pasta so it was too much. We couldn't eat it all before it went bad. However, the following days I did heat it up and add some crushed red pepper and it was pretty good.