Dill Pickle Slaw
- 16 oz red/green cabbage, thinly sliced/shredded or pre-bagged
- 1/2 med onion thin sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 9 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro (optional, to taste)
- Cook and crumble bacon
- In a large bowl add all veggies
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add dressing to salad. Toss all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Add bacon (and cilantro, if using) and mix gently (can also be added before serving for a nice crunch)
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour up to 8 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper (if needed).
- For a creamier coleslaw, refrigerate longer or add 1/4 cup more mayonnaise. For crisper coleslaw refrigerate less time.
- Do not add salt or pepper until all ingredients are tossed together. Bacon, mayonnaise, and pickle juice all have varying amounts salt and seasoning. Adjust salt and pepper, seasoning accordingly.