- 1 kilogram of cabbage - use a dense late season, medium- or large-sized head. My grandparents use only white cabbage, but I sometimes use a mix of white and purple.
- Up to 30 grams of salt preferably pickling or canning salt, about 1.5-2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup or 200 grams, of 5% vinegar, lemon juice, or a combination thereof
- 1 cup of carrot grated
- 50 grams 1/2 cup of cranberries , or lingonberries (if you've somehow magically got 'em)
- A teaspoon each of black peppercorns whole allspice, whole cloves, and 2-3 bay leaves (or more, to taste)
- 800 ml of water
- A 2-litre jar a large crock, clay pot, or enameled pot with a cover
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!