Air Fryer Sourdough Boule
- 40 grams sourdough starter
- 150 grams cream flour
- 90 ml water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 50 grams Philadelphia cream cheese
- 75 grams Serrano ham / salami / smoked salmon
- 75 grams Brie cheese / hard cheese
- 6pm Extend the starter (levain-in-starter):
- Add 50 grams flour and water to the starter and mix well, it should rise in 4 hours. Use before it starts to sink again.
- 10pm Mix the dough and bulk rise:
- Use 50/50 cream flour and whole-wheat flour for flavor. Mix in half the starter, water, olive oil, and salt, aiming for 77g water for every 100g flour.
- Transfer the dough to a glass dish, mist with water, cover, and leave to rise at room temperature overnight for bulk rise.
- 9am Shape the dough and second rise:
- Dough should have almost doubled by now. Mist worktop with water, and scrape dough onto it, and fold into three sections, then roll into a tight ball.
- Wet your hands to perform rotations and folds so dough doesn't stick to you.
- Use the bench scraper to perform rotations, tucking the dough under itself until loaf is smooth.
- Use a coil fold at the end to incorporate more air into the dough.
- 11am Shape the loaf and banneton:
- Sprinkle flour on the shaping surface and plop the dough onto floured surface.
- Use scraper to turn the do: go in on the side and rotate the dough while moving it forward and back to shape the loaf. Use folding instructions for batard or boule loaves.
- Sprinkle rice flour (gluten-free) onto the banneton cloth, place the dough in the banneton, then sprinkle more rice flour on top of the loaf.
- 12:00 noon Bake the loaf:
- Add some water to bottom of air fryer and start at to 200C.
- Score the loaf and place it in the oven, dust it with rice flour to prevent sticking to the pot.
- Allow loaf to cook until it reaches a deep brown with a little charring, which takes 15-20 minutes.
- 12:30pm Remove the loaf:
- Remove loaf and allow it cool down on the countertop for a few minutes while it finishes baking inside.
- Instructions with autolyse: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNzJLP61nnQ