Potato, Spinach, and Sausage Skillet with Eggs
Dinner of Champions
- 6 Links Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Tablespoon Olive OIl
- 1 Yellow Onion - Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 Cups Potatoes (about) - Washed and Diced
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish (optional)
- Cook sausage in a large pan over medium high heat just until done, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the oil, onion, chili powder, and Old Bay to the pan with the sausage drippings (if there are any) and saute until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and stir until they're coated with the seasoning, then reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until they turn golden and start to crisp. About 20 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the sausage into bite sized pieces.
- When the potatoes are ready, add the sausage and spinach, stirring to heat through and wilt the spinach.
- Make wells for the eggs with a spoon or spatula and crack an egg into each one. Keep the pan over the heat until the egg whites are cooked through.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley and enjoy.
- As you can see by the picture, it can be a bit tricky to get the eggs out of the pan without breaking the yolk (even though that's what you're going to do anyway). If you're concerned about this, or you prefer your eggs scrambled or some other way, you can always just pan-fry your eggs as you normally would and serve them on top.
- This would make a delicious fritatta as well! Instead of making wells for the eggs, pour the potato mixture into a pan (unless the one you're using is oven-safe already!), beat 6 eggs (or 4 and 2 whites) until they're smooth and pour them into the pan. Then bake at 350 until set in the center.