Italian- style veggies, Old Bay shrimp and cheesy polenta explodes with flavor!
- Half package of pre-cooked polenta
- About 1/4 package nonfat cream cheese
- About 1/2 Cup grated nonfat cheddar cheese
- Pinch or teo of parmesan cheese
- About a dozen shrimp
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- ½ Sweet onion, sliced thin
- 4 mushrooms, sliced thick
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Red bell pepper
- Italian seasoning blend
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Break up polenta into lidded microwave-safe dish. Heat for two minutes to soften and mash with fork. Add cheeses and combine. Heat for two more minutes, stir and heat another minute or two, until hot and easy to stir. Add freshly cracked pepper if you want. Keep lid on until ready to serve.
- While polenta is cooking, heat pan with a small splash of oil and sauté shrimp with Old Bay. Set aside.
- In same pan, saute onions and mushrooms until slightly browned.
- Add red bell and continue cooking for a minute, add garlic and Italian seasoning, then cook for another minute. Add shrimp and turn heat off.
- Spoon a dollop of polenta on the plate, using spoon to make a crater in the center. Fill to overflowing with sautéd veggies and shrimp. Serve with freshly milled salt and pepper.