No Yeast Bread
- 4 cups organic unbleached flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add applesauce and water.
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon to stir until most or all of the wet ingredients are absorbed.
- Use your hands to knead the dough until the texture is consistent.
- Lightly flour a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Lay the dough and flatten until about 1 – 1 1/2 inches thick. If thicker, it will not bake all the way through.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done. It will have more of a biscuit texture and only brown slightly at top and bottom edges. Remove from oven and tap bottom of bread. If it sounds hollow and empty, it’s done.