Nana's Chili Mac
Servings: Serving 12
- 2 Pounds - Ground Beef, 80/20
- Large Yellow Onion. Diced
- Large Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 (8 Ounce) - Canned Tomato Sauce
- 1 (28 Ounce) - Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons - Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons - Dried Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons - Dried Basil
- 1 Tablespoon - Salt
- 1 Teaspoon - Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 3 Cups - Water
- 2 Cups - Elbow Macaroni, Uncooked
- In a large pan, cook the meat over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks into small pieces.
- Cook until the meat is cooked through and there's no longer any pink.
- Drain the fat and set a side
- In the same pan cook the onions and garlic. Cook and stir the mixture until the onions are translucent.
- Add the meat back to the pan and stir well
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes to a hour, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and add more seasoning if you like
- Stir in the pasta, and water cover, and simmer over low heat until the pasta is tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and refrigerate, if possible, overnight. If you must, you could serve. :)
- Recipes Notes
- I like to add some cheese when it is served