- 1 pint home-canned beef roast
- 1 Tbl flour or tapioca starch
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- ¼ medium head cabbage, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Melt the fat from the top of the jar.
- Add flour to make a roux.
- Pour in beef and ½ jar water (stir to get all the stock out of the jar).
- Add carrots and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Almost-paleo (could thicken with tapioca instead of flour, if desired.)
- Good served over mashed potatoes, noodles, mashed cauliflower, etc.