Mexican Tortilla Casserole
Mexican Tortilla Casserole is a casserole dish that is incredibly easy to make, and delicious, too! Smart School House shares this simple recipe you can make with beef or chicken, enchilada sauce, spices, cheese, and crispy tortilla chips. Top it with sour cream and avocados for a meal idea the whole family will love. It’s so quick and easy to throw together that it is perfect for busy nights. You’ll want to make it over and over and again!
- 1lb. ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 pack taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can refried beans (spread easier if you warm them in microwave)
- 1 cup prepared rice (I used Minute Rice)
- 1 can Mexican blend corn (DRAINED)will only use about ½ can
- 4 to 5 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz of thick chunky salsa (your choice mild or hot)
- Spray a spring form, round cake pan or casserole with cooking spray
- Brown ground beef ,and onion and drain
- Add taco seasonings and cook according to package direction
- Lay 1 tortilla in bottom of baking dish and spread ⅓ of bean on it ,top with ⅓ of the meat and sprinkle on some cheese .
- 2nd layer tortilla, ½ the rice, ½ salsa, ½ the corn and cheese
- 3rd layer tortilla, ⅓ beans ,⅓meat, cheese
- 4 layer tortilla . beans ,meat, corn, rice, salsa and cheese
- Bake covered with foil at 350 for about 40 minutes uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer. let sit 5 minutes before cutting. After baking top with sour cream, diced onion and shredded lettuce if desired.